June 14, 2011

ten minutes

In ten minutes we leave for Helsinki/Korea/Helsinki. Yesterday I tripped in my new high heels and fell on the ground, splaying out and embarrassing myself. I also learned that wearing heels that like to slip off your feet is bad, bad, bad. Danger! I gave them away--I couldn't even return them because they got chewed up from the cement. And I now have a bandaid on my knee. "I come from Oregon, with a bandaid on my knee." Sing to the tune of "Oh! Susannah."

The thing about falling out of your shoes is that it sucks plain and simple, but it sucks even more because other people (or just Mom and Lev) have invariably said to you, "You're going to wear THOSE to work?!" And you're like, "Um, yeah, like, stay outta my business," and then you're on the ground, right in front of your car.

Wow, we are leaving. To travel the world! Levy got some new pants (or "slacks," as he likes to call them). He looks very handsome. He's entirely camera shy, so you will just have to take my word for it.

No comments: