October 28, 2011

today today today

Today I walked to Trader Joe's on my lunch break and I can say that it is officially COLD out. I love the change of seasons--as soon as you think that you just can't take another hot day, the air blows colder and then, suddenly, you've got your gloves on. I love fall clothing, too. Wool! Boots! Yes!

Tonight Lev and I are having a date. We're going to this vegetarian Indian restaurant in Lakeview that we love. I'm planning on eating an absurd amount of food. And round two of the date is, um, Costco. What can I say? We are romantics.

This is the first weekend in three weeks that I'll be able to enjoy from home. I was in New York for my grandfather's funeral, and then at a work conference, and then back in NY with Lev to visit family and friends. I love NY, but I really love my apartment. Lev and I have decided that what we'd love most of all would be an apartment in NY. That's for real, too--but it has to wait until he graduates.

While in NY I got to catch up with some wise and wonderful friends, relatives, and in-betweens. The smart people in my life remind me to stop, breathe, smile--and go forward holding onto newly considered ideas and expanded plans. The future is fluid.

No comments: