May 14, 2011

saturday stuff

Today I got creative and made a very large, fully lined grocery/whatever I feel like using it for bag. I got the fabric a while ago.
homemade grocery bag
It is freezing cold in Chicago. What is going on, sky? We had the hottest heat wave, and I insisted that Lev take the air conditioner up from our basement storage unit and install it, and then it got cold. Now our apartment is the only-only-only one with an a/c unit in the window and Lev's embarrassed. Which is a polite way of saying that I'm embarrassed. I'm seriously hoping that I didn't jinx summer by installing the a/c too early. It is 50 degrees outside. 

Last night for date night we watched the Harry Potter movie. I'm not exactly "in" to Harry Potter--about seven years ago I read the first three books when I was sick for a couple days but I haven't seen any of the movies. Lev was really pumped about seeing the newest movie installment, we watched it and...I totally feel asleep. Like, fall-asleep-start-snoring-the-whole-world-knows-you're-sleeping asleep. Then Lev woke me up and seemed kind of hurt that I wasn't watching his movie. Then I saw something on the floor and started to examine it and then Lev was like, "You can't be watching the movie if your butt is facing the screen." And I tried to watch it but it was so boring. Not a lot happened, and then even more not-a-lot happened, and then finally the credits rolled and it was over. Lev looked at me and was like, "That was BORING!" So at least we are in agreement.

xo

2 comments:

eileen said...

The AC is installed and you're prepared, is how I see it. The little pig who built the brick house was probably accused of overbuilding -- until that one moment when it turned out to have been incredibly smart to have done so. If he had started laying brick when the wolf was close it would have been too late. Same with the AC.

Great bag, I want one!

Lizzy Louise said...

mom, i will make you one of those bags if you get a dog!!!