May 20, 2011

the Y and the how

Levy and I are joining the YMCA today when I get off of work. He's a basketball fanatic and I'm a person in dire need of a workout that is not the Bar Method (sorry Burr Reynolds, but the same workout vid all the time does not a happy girl make).

I need to envision myself working out at a particular gym before I join. This was why I was the world's happiest bike commuter--I was exercising without having to think about it, go into a locker room, or set aside this or that block of time. Unfortunately, biking to work isn't an option any more, but I'm really trying to just see myself as a gym person and base my exercise regimen off of that.

So this is me, seeing myself working out at the Y...taking yoga...participating in a dance class...waiting to shower until I get home because I hate showering at the gym... All while Lev ecstatically plays basketball. Is it just me, or is life harder for girls?

No comments: