May 15, 2011

sunday shopping hysteria

I signed on to go dress hunting with my friend Laura because she is graduating next Sunday and wants to look nice. Nothing wrong with that--I wish I'd put a little more thought into my graduation ceremony. My look was "hangover and Vans." And I remember that my hair was so so so dirty and it was all just a big no. So yay for Laura, getting it together with the dress, and double yay for Laura getting a fellowship as well.

Which brings me to what we did today--shopped until we almost threw up. And still no dress. We started at Urban Outfitters, where everything is completely overpriced and total junk; we went to H&M where I found what I'm going to wear at my brother's wedding, but still nothing for Laura; and then we went to Macy's, where we got "Macy's Madness," which basically means that the ugliest stuff starts looking doable. Finally we ended up at Anthropologie where everything is from Urban Outfitters but the baseline price is $198. I spent my $50 gift card on an on-sale sweater ($29.99, marked down from $168.00 oh my god that store is ridiculous) and two mugs, one with the letter J and one with the letter L...and he says I never get him anything! Those mugs were $8 each. With tax, I ended up spending $0.47 at Anthropologie--which is $0.47 more than they deserve for being so outrageously overpriced.

Still no dress for Laura though. Apparently, we don't know how to shop! Even the thought of going back downtown is enough to make me kick a squirrel right now. I wish her the best in her quest for a dress, but I don't ever want to shop again.

On the bright side, Lev is cooking dinner tonight--Italian meatballs! Whoop! And I'm making a vegetable fricassee. Kale me up!

1 comment:

Keith said...

It's always best to kick a squirrel, even if you're not frustrated - but especially if you are. There's way to many of them.