February 21, 2011

sunrise

Today started out right. I woke up fifteen minutes ahead of my alarm and lay in bed, listening to my fiance's soft snoring. I crossed my fingers before I looked at my cell phone (the please-let-it-not-be-two-in-the-morning hope) and, to my delight, it was 6:30. I had fifteen whole minutes that belonged to me and me alone.

I love the early morning hours before the world is awake. I love the way Lev smells, heavy with sleep. Sometimes I lightly scratch his back before he's awake and he makes nice grunts that make me want to squeeze him. I love the bed and the warm sheets, I love the pillows and I love Lev's back and his shoulders. And it is all mine, and I am so lucky.

And this is an image of a bunch of patterns that I love. I think it's all Pendleton. I want to live in that room.

No comments: