February 24, 2011

surf n turf

Lately it seems like my whole existence is being spent in life's waiting room. I'm waiting for my last recommendation to arrive in the mail before I can apply to grad school; I'm waiting to see if I get a job in New York before we can move there; I'm waiting to see how this interview goes so I'll know if we're staying. I'm waiting for my renewed passport to arrive. I'm waiting for us to go to South Korea to see my brother get married (June 15!). I'm waiting for Lev's and my day. It's as if the earth sighed and I'm caught in its breath.

And in the mean time, I'm here. I'm walking to work, I'm sitting at my desk, I'm looking at my cell phone. I'm writing this blog. I'm adjusting my outfit.

I can't wait until the waits are over.

Oh, I'm also waiting for this weird/cool Native American blanket I bought on eBay...


Lev's now VERY CONCERNED about all things related to bedbugs--he saw this picture and the first thing he said was, "Better wash it. Bedbugs." I love him!

1 comment:

eileen said...

Life's waiting room, I like that, especially compared to life's emergency room, where we have all been and hope not to revisit. I love your observations!