February 28, 2011

the long and winding road...

This morning was long-winded. The sun seemed to talk about rising and think about rising, but it stayed dark in our bedroom until after seven. In the winter the covers are warm and way too inviting--I get up and brush my teeth and then I think of something that I need to do that involves going back to sleep. And then I am back in bed, pretending to use under-the-covers time to think about what I'm going to wear.

Lev gets up later than me and leaves the house earlier than me. It's magic or something. While I'm still selecting a pair of business casual pants to wear to work, he is outside warming up the car and scraping ice off the windshield. When I finally managed to get myself together enough to leave the house this morning Lev was already in the driver's seat, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel. He held my hand on the drive to work. Today is going to be a great day, I can feel it.
Our Chicago street in full February winter

No comments: