April 25, 2011

I am thankful

...for my health. I was in a serious bike accident 3 years ago--a woman opened her door into me and I was thrown through her driver's side window.  And next friday I'm finally going to an arbitration hearing regarding the case. Today I was thinking about a friend of ours who sustained a major head injury at this time last year. He basically has to relearn a lot of things, will probably live at home with his mother for a long time (if not the rest of his life), and he also had to undergo multiple skull/brain surgeries at the time of the accident to prevent his brain from swelling too much and killing him. As much as I am dreading this arbitration, I am forever grateful that I am here, now.

...that I have a fiancé as caring and wonderful as Lev. I know that I kvell about him on this blog, but he is the best thing that ever happened to me. Yesterday I was "very tired" (read: in a Bad Mood) the whole day and not only did he put up with me, but he made jokes, took me to Kmart (TV antenna=a Lizzy necessity), and cooked an amazing dinner. I'm unbelievably thankful that he is in my life.

...that I have a supportive, loving family. Not only do I have a stable and affectionate relationship with my mother and father, but I am doubly blessed with a wonderful stepfather, as well. Earlier I was having a genuine wedding/financially-motivated freak out and I spoke with my mother. She completely calmed me down, and pointed out that the wedding industry is built to make everybody feel poor! Yep, she said it and so did I!

...and, lastly, that it is SPRING in the Chi! (Well, sort of. We are getting there.) I snapped this proof-of-spring picture on my way home. You can barely see it, but there are leaf-buds on that there tree!

2 comments:

eileen said...

It's inspiring and energizing to read about the stuff that matters. You said it.

Keith said...

The wedding industry is designed not only to make you feel poor, but to actually achieve it! But it's money well spent.