April 2, 2011

new apartment!

Oh my gosh!!! We are now the proud renters of an AMAZING two-bedroom apartment in a beautiful, safe neighborhood on the north side! It was kismet. My friend went with me to look at an apartment today but I didn't like it. We had lunch (amazing Thai by the way--best in Chicago by far, but I digress), and after lunch I dropped my friend off at her house, remarked on how nice her neighborhood was and how much I'd always liked it, and told her that I was going to creep around for a little bit and look at For Rent signs.

I turned on the next block, and lo and behold, a For Rent sign! In front of a gorgeous white stone building. I called, left a message, and was creeping around a little more when the landlord's daughter (it's a family operation) called me back and asked if I wanted to look at it right then. I knew it was perfect the minute I walked in--huge bedrooms, gleaming hardwood floor, light streaming in from the banks of windows in every room. And ENORMOUS! And priced completely within our budget! And incredibly well-cared for!

SO I made a deposit and put our info on the application, and the landlady was great and very personable. We were chatting and she said to me, "I should let you know that I like you so much. You got the apartment, I'm sure your references are great." Yay! I mean, my references are great, check away, but YAY! on getting a great and huge place! and YAY on having a wonderful family to rent from!

So that was my Saturday! It's like the stars are aligning, I swear!

3 comments:

eileen said...

Yay!!!

Molly said...

nice! let's see it!

Lizzy Louise said...

pics are coming. we move in april 23!