March 11, 2011

11:11

I try to make a wish at 11:11 every day. All this wish stuff is relatively new--I didn't know anything about wishing at 11:11 every day until high school, when an older girl I admired looked at the clock in her car and informed me that it was 11:11! Make a wish!

Yesterday was a whole day of Lev Birthday. He had his first professional massage and enjoyed it more than my amateur massages I give him, as he should. Per his wishes, I got him a lemon cake with strawberry filling. For our wedding Lev's only request was that the wedding cake have strawberry filling. He doesn't like chocolate (but does like Snickers bars--figure that one out) but I love chocolate! That was one of the first "big" words I learned how to spell! I think we are going to compromise on a multi-tiered cake with strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, whatever. Yesterday he was like, "Our wedding cake should be an ICE-CREAM CAKE!" which is a hilariously terrible idea. August+Ice Cream+waiting for the ceremony to end=Ice Cream Soup! I also thought about how there is a piece of Queen Victoria's wedding cake preserved at the royal palace, and what if it had been an ice cream cake? Freezer burn city!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of this talk about birthday cake, and wedding cake, and ice cream cake has pleasantly distracted me from the disappointment of finding that my new Apple keyboard (just a keyboard, not a new computer) sports an upside-down "W" for an "M." What is the world coming to? I thought Apple was all about the detail. Ahem? Complaint desk!