March 14, 2011

spring me along...

I'm supposed to be furiously drawing for this art show that I'm in the weekend after next and it seems like all of my skills have gone away. I have no ideas and even if I did my execution is off. I haven't been in the right frame of mind, and I know that's my ego talking, but seriously. I can't seem to get it together. I may have to just submit old stuff. Maybe this is the turning point, where I go from "creative person" to "fan of creative people." I don't want to relegate myself to fan status!

As of this Friday I am off for nine days. Lev and I are going to the planetarium on Tuesday and I am going to do some serious biz-casual shopping at good ol' H&M. I am not going to spend my time off on the couch, that is for certain. This is perfect timing really. The weather is starting to smile at spring and I can ride my bike to yoga class. I love this time of year.

And maybe I'll get out of my creativity funk and get some good ol' work done. Hello, last week of UIC...
Building on 18th and Ashland, Pilsen.

No comments: