March 8, 2011

vive le gateau vert!

Tonight I made a green-icing chocolate cake in honor of Lev's impending birthday, St. Patty's day and my new job. Oh, and I applied online (and was approved) for my first credit card in 5 years. My mother suggested that we get one--for traveling. You know Groucho Marx's famous line, "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member?" Well that is how I'm starting to feel about this credit card. 

I told Lev that the secret ingredient in this cake was pickles. 

5 comments:

eileen said...

Cake looks positively scrumptious...the best thing to do with a credit card is store it in a big container full of water in the freezer. If you get the urge to use it you will need to thaw it first and chances are good that in the time that takes ... you'll realize you do not need to go into debt for whatever it was. For traveling, sometimes you have to put something on VISA, and it's often not a great idea to carry cash. At home, freeze it -- is my unsolicited advice.

eileen said...

really? pickles?

Lizzy Louise said...

no pickles.

good idea about the cc, would that ruin the magnetic strip at all?

eileen said...

Doesn't disturb the strip at all, and of course you won't scratch it because you won't ever hack the ice apart with a sharp object. Now I notice your title, "Vive le gateau vert!" which I am going to say this St. Patty's !

Lizzy Louise said...

oh yeah, and now lev refers to this cake as "the pickle cake."